That’s Kim Perez (on the left). She was born on the same day that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon. Happy Birthday, Kim! Lilli (on the right) and I raised a happy glass to Kim this past Wednesday at McCormick and Schmick’s, which has the best happy hour in Pasadena. Lots of great food options for cheap.
Both Kim and Lilli are inveterate travelers; you can read about Lilli’s travels here. Kim doesn’t blog yet, but here’s a jump to her
Am I *the* KP??? Well, even if I’m not, I’ll make a list. Lists are fun. I realize I’m breaking the rules, since I’m not a blogger. Hope it’s okay if I just put my list here. I guess that makes me a blog squatter.
(btw, I loved your list. And I echo everyone else’s amazement about having your kids at home. Wow!)
Okay, here’s my list:
1. I eat two blueberry Eggo waffles every night around midnight.
2. My family auditioned for “Family Feud” when I was 12. Our team consisted of my mom, my aunt, two cousins and me. We didn’t make it.
3. On a camping trip when I was a kid, my friend and I were hitting a tree stump with some sticks. Apparently we angered a hive of wasps. Just like in the cartoons, dozens of them appeared as if from nowhere and, moving as one cohesive unit, chased us for several minutes and stung us all over our bodies. I was grounded from tree stumps for the rest of the weekend.
4. To play off one of yours, Kelly… I’m a living testament to the argument for nature over nurture (which you’ve probably figured out by now).
5. I have an unusually long attention span. I once found a book sitting beside a dumpster, waiting to be thrown out. I rescued it, took it home around noon, read straight through til about 2 a.m. and finished the book. This is psycho!
6. As my parents used to say, I’m “an accident waiting to happen.” When I was younger and more active I dislocated both knees; barely missed doing serious neck damage taking an alternate route down the mountain on a sled – head first off a 10-foot drop; and I once sunk in quicksand up to my chest, and it took 3 guys to help me get out. These are just the highlights of a very long list.
7. I’m lazy about getting the little details done and I hate running errands. So if Carlos doesn’t go to the grocery store, we’ll go without food.
8. I correct people’s grammar. To my constant surprise, they don’t usually appreciate it.
That was fun!